16th GdańskDocFilm Festival Competition Regulations
- Gdańsk DocFilm Festival, with its international nature, is a contest of documentary films and footages focusing mainly on:
- situation of a human being as an individual as well as group of employees in the work environment,
- personal activity and development in every form,
- passion and creative activity,
- human dignity, ethics and respect for human rights.
- The aim of the Festival:
- The gathering at the same time and at the same place the Polish and foreign output dealing with the problems close to the idea of the Festival.
- Promotion of Polish and foreign films work related to the Festival idea – creative confrontation of films related to the Festival profile.
- Selection and awarding of the most precious works and their authors.
– Date of the Festival: 6th June 2018 – 10th June 2018
– Festival Producer: Association of Film Education. 80-831 Gdynia, ul. Długa 57; Address for correspondence: 16 GDFF 80-855 Gdańsk, ul. Wały Piastowskie 24/19, website: www.gdanskdocfilm.pl
– Co-organisers: Office of the Marshal of Pomorskie Voivodeship, City Hall of Gdańsk
– The Programme and Artistic Council supervises the Festival /P&AC/.
P&AC – calls into being the 3 – person Jury and the Jury Chairman. he members of the Jury cannot be permanently or temporarily employed by the Festival Bureau.
The Festival Organisers cover all the expenses of the Jury members related to their accommodation and work. The Festival Producer calls into being the Organisational Bureau of the Festival which is directly responsible for all the work related to preparation and the course of the Festival.
II. FESTIVAL PRODUCTION
– Documentary films and short fiction films submitted by the their authors and producers take part in the contest.
– The deadline for the admission is 10th February 2018. The qualification for the contest is made by the Programme and Artistic Council upon the application of the 3 – person Selection Committee (constituted by the Council).
– Applicants must register their work via the platform Film Festival Life http://www.filmfestivallife.com/, from 15th November 2017 until 10th February 2018. On the platform, applicants must fill in the registration form and submit the film.
– When submitting short fiction films, an application form must be filled in on the website: www.gdanskdocfilmfestival.pl from15th November 2017 to 10th February 2018
– Films qualified for the contest are available for the Festival Organisers for free.
– Following film formats are accepted: BluRay or DCP (preferable), 35 mm, H264 files, HDCAM.
– Films produced in years 2016 – 2018 can be submitted for the Festival.
– The copy of the film used in the contest is automatically put into the Festival archive at the Festival end.
– Film submitters agree to free of charge usage of
maximum 30 seconds film excerpts chosen by the Organiser for the purpose of the 16th
GDFF promotion in the area of Festival, its media and publications.
– The list of Polish and foreign guests invited to participate in the Festival,
whose expenses are covered by the Festival is set by the Programme and Artistic Council. The participation must be confirmed by 20h May 2018,
– The Festival Organisers can invite to the Festival those people whose presence is acknowledged as important to the idea and course of the Festival. Expenses of those people stay during the Festival are covered by the Festival founds.
III. AWARDS GRANTED BY THE REGULATIONS – THE FESTIVAL’S MAIN AWRD
– THE MAIN AWARD of the Festival – the Statue GATE OF FREEDOM and the cash prize founded by the President of the City of Gdańsk in the gross amount of 20,000 PLN (or its equivalence in Euro/USD calculated by the exchange rate given by the Polish National Bank), reduced by the income tax according to the financial law of the country founding the prize.
– Statue GATE OF FREEDOM and the cash prize founded by the President of the City of Gdańsk in the gross amount of 5,000 PLN for the winner of the main award for the best Polish short fiction film.
– The main award is awarded only to the director or makers of the documentary as well as fiction film film and is granted by the Jury called into being by the Programme and Artistic Council. The criteria are artistic and realisation values of the presented films.
– THE AUDIENCE AWARD – the Statue GATE OF FREEDOM – is awarded only by the audience in the cinemas via votes at the voting cards attached to tickets. The criteria is emotional content of presented films.
This category refers to both the documentary competition and the short fiction films competition.
– All authors of awarded films will be given appropriate diplomas.
Within the period of 3 months from the end of the Festival, the Festival Director will present to the Programme and Artistic Council the financial report of the organisation of the Festival. Any surplus to the budget will be allocated to the budget for the organisation of the Festival in year 2019.
The submission of the film to the Festival is synonymous to the acceptance of these Regulations.