14th GDAŃSK DocFilm FESTIVAL COMPETITION REGULATIONS
Gdańsk DocFilm Festival, with its international nature, is a contest of documentary films and footages focusing mainly on:
– situation of a human being as an individual as well as group of employees in the work environment,
– personal activity and development in every form,
– passion and creative activity,
– human dignity, ethics and respect for human rights.
The aim of the Festival:
– the gathering at the same time and at the same place the Polish and foreign output dealing with the problems close to the idea of the Festival.
– promotion of Polish and foreign films work related to the Festival idea – creative confrontation of films related to the Festival profile.
– selection and awarding of the most precious works and their authors.
I. ORGANISATION OF THE FESTIVAL
– Date of the Festival: 23 – 26 June 2016
– Producer: Association of Film Education, 80-855 Gdańsk, ul. Wały Piastowskie 24, website: www.gdanskdocfilm.pl
– Co-organizers: Office of the Marshal of Pomorskie Voivodeship, City Hall of Gdańsk
– Supervisor: Programme and Artistic Council. The Council calls into being the 3 – person Jury and the Jury Chairman. The members of the Jury cannot be permanently or temporarily employed by the Festival Bureau. The Festival Organisers cover all the expenses of the Jury members related to their accommodation and work.
The Festival Producer calls into being the Organisational Bureau of the Festival which is directly responsible for all the work related to preparation and the course of the Festival.
II. REALISATION OF THE FESTIVAL
– Documentary films and footages submitted by the their authors and producers take part in the contest.
– The deadline for the admission is 29th February 2016. The qualification for the contest is made by the Programme and Artistic Council upon the application of the 3 – person Selection Committee (constituted by the Council).
– Applicants must register their work via the platform Film Festival Life http://www.filmfestivallife.com/, till the 29th February 2016. Via the platform, applicants must fill in the registration form and submit the film.
– Films qualified for the contest are available for the Festival Organisers for free.
– Following film formats are accepted: BluRay or DCP (preferable), 35 mm, H264 files, HDCAM.
– Films produced in years 2014 – 2016 can be submitted for the Festival.
– The copy of the film used in the contest is automatically put into the Festival archive at the Festival end.
– Film submitters agree to free of charge usage of maximum 30 seconds film excerpts chosen by the Organiser for the purpose of the 14th GDFF promotion in the area of Festival, its media and publications.
– The list of Polish and foreign guests invited to participate in the Festival, whose expenses are covered by the Festival is set by the Programme and Artistic Council. The participation must be confirmed by 20th May 2016.
– The Festival Organisers can invite to the Festival those people whose presence is acknowledged as important to the idea and course of the Festival. Expenses of those people stay during the Festival are covered by the Festival founds.
– THE MAIN AWARD of the Festival – the Statue GATE OF FREEDOM and the cash prize founded by the President of the City of Gdańsk in the amount of 25 000 PLN (or its equivalency in Euro calculated by the exchange rate given by the Polish National Bank), reduced by the income tax according to the financial law of the country founding the prize.
– The main award is awarded only to the director or filmmakers of the film and is granted by the Jury called into being by the Programme and Artistic Council. The criteria are artistic and realisation values of the presented films.
– THE AUDIENCE AWARD – the Statue GATE OF FREEDOM – is awarded only by the audience in the cinemas via votes at the voting cards attached to tickets. The criteria is emotional content of presented films.
– All authors of awarded films will be given appropriate diplomas.
– Within the period of 3 months from the end of the Festival, the Festival Director will present to the Programme and Artistic Council the financial report of the organisation of the Festival. Any surplus to the budget will be allocated to the budget for the organisation of the Festival in year 2017.
– The submission of the film to the Festival is unified with the acceptance of this Regulations.